2019 Board Position Letter of Intent Form
Hello, Members of Clover Hill Sports Association,
Please note our Annual Meeting is rapidly approaching. One very important item that must be addressed is the election of our Board of Directors.
All of our Board Members are re-elected annually and any member who has expressed interest may also be added to the ballot for election consideration on our Board of Directors.
Each Board position holds a vital role in ensuring the smooth and continuous operation of Clover Hill Sports Association.
The purpose of this form is to provide a consistent framework for those candidates seeking to hold a position on the Clover Hill Sports Association Board (CHSA). A Board Position requires a minimum of 5+ hours per week of participative activity. Our Board is action-oriented and requires each member to be an active participant.
Please see below for a description of the open positions.
The President shall preside at all meetings of the board of Directors.
The President shall be the final authority on interpretation of rules and coordinate all operations of the Corporation, keeping these operations on the highest plane possible.
The President shall approve all checks, supported by statements, which are drawn on the Treasury as ordered paid by the Board of Directors.
The President shall appoint members (other than elected directors) of all committees, as well as representatives as may be required, and shall be an ex-officio member of all but the nominating committee.
The Vice-President shall assist the President in all capacities whenever and wherever possible.
In the absence of the President, the Vice-President shall perform the duties of that office and shall discharge such other duties as may be required.
The Vice-President shall be responsible for fund raising including the operation of the concession stand during football season. All fundraising activities are subject to Board approval.
Accurate records shall be maintained to include the dates and financial results of all fundraising activities including but not limited to sponsorships, advertising, merchandise sales, golf tournaments and concession stand operations.
The President will make all bank deposits.
The Secretary shall attend and shall keep a record of all the proceedings of the meetings of the Corporation, membership record and other records as may be determined by the Board of Directors.
The Secretary shall have charge of and conduct the correspondence of the Corporation, shall notify the members of any and all meetings and shall also perform such duties as may be required by the President or the Board of Directors.
The Secretary shall transfer, upon expiration of the term of office, to the successor, all records, equipment and residual holdings belonging to the Corporation. The Secretary will advise the website webmaster of approved announcements and changes to the website.
The Treasurer shall record all funds paid or donated to the Corporation and shall disburse same according to invoices supported by itemized statements, and approved by the Board of Directors.
The Treasurer shall keep an accurate account of all earnings, savings, reserves, holdings, receipts, and disbursements, and at each meeting submit a current written report in detail and an itemized statement of all financial transactions and obligations of the Corporation.
The President shall deposit, within seven (7) days after receipt, all funds of the Corporation in an accredited bank which is a member of, and whose deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation in the name of Clover Hill Sports, Inc.
Funds include but are not limited to registration fees, reimbursements, uniform fees, donations, concession stand sales, fundraiser proceeds and donations.
All checks in excess of $1000 drawn on this account shall carry two signatures, that of the Treasurer and that of the President; checks of a lesser amount will be signed by the Treasurer.
The Treasurer shall issue payment for all obligations within (7) days of receipt of invoice, statement, and/or reimbursement receipt. Obligations include invoices, statements, league fees, reimbursements and registration fee refunds.
The Treasurer shall transfer, upon expiration of the term of office, to the successor, all records, funds, equipment and residual holdings belonging to the Corporation.
The Athletic Director(s) must meet with the Board of Coaches at the beginning of each sport season and as often as deemed necessary during the season. He shall act as liaison between all coaches and the Board of Directors.
- Present all Coaches and Voting Representatives to the Board of Directors for approval. Verify that each coach has a valid Chesterfield County Parks & Recreation background check identification number and card. The identification number will be included on all official team and game rosters. Coaches will be required to present their card to Board Members, Parks & Recreation representatives and sports League officials.
- Appoint a Voting Representative for each sport to represent the Association and Coaches at all League meetings; CQL, CCL, CBL, CGBL, CBC, CYSA.
- Keep the President informed of all complaints or grievances filed against any Coach.
- Any complaints submitted against any Coach (with the exception of written complaints) shall be handled by the Athletic director and/or the Voting Representative. If the complaint is not resolved, it should be forwarded to the Board of Directors.
- All written complaints against any Coach shall be reviewed and administered by the Board of Directors.
- The Boys Athletic Director is responsible for the overall operation of Football, Boys Basketball and Baseball. Voting Representatives will be appointed to the Chesterfield Quarterback League, Chesterfield Basketball League and Chesterfield Baseball Clubs.
- The Girls Athletic Director is responsible for the overall operation of Girls Basketball, Softball and Cheerleading. Voting Representatives will be appointed to the Girls Chesterfield Basketball League, Chesterfield Youth Softball Association and Chesterfield Cheerleader League.
The Communications Director is responsible for membership contact management, social media, website maintenance and publicity. The Communications Director will publicize registration announcements to the Association’s member schools, press, radio, television, website, Facebook and any other sources of public announcements as required. The Communications Director will maintain member records including contact information and email addresses.